We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absolutely loved Brugge!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Absolutely loved Brugge!

Just came back from my honeymoon in which I spend 2 nights in Brugge and wished I spent more tiem there, it was definitely the highlight of my trip.

Although there were lots of other tourists around, it wasn't overwhelming. I enjoyed the fact that there were lots of locals there too, it wasn't just a tourist destination. Food was great, the people were very friendly and helpful when I tried to use the 3 words of Flemish I learned there :-) and most of all, I never felt like I was overcharged for anything (like in a lot of other tourist centres) even the canal tour was a reasonable 6 euros! I can't wait to return. I would also recommend renting a bike there if you can. It was a great way to see the more resedential (but still gorgeous) parts of the city.

Legends Free Walking Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Photo Tour Brugge
Photography Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Brugge BeerWalk
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Absolutely loved Brugge!

Hi urbanfoodie,

We are going to be in Brugge overnight in August and I was wondering if you had any restaurant recommendations. We're looking for a very nice place to have dinner.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absolutely loved Brugge!

I didn't eat at too many restaurants because I was only there two nights, but had a good meal at an Indian restaurant in a small square just down Steenstraat from the Markt. It was a little pricer than I'm used to and a little milder than usual (for those familiar with Indian food) but enjoyable none the less.

Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absolutely loved Brugge!

Thanks, urbanfoodie! We might try it.