We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best chocolate in brugge?

california
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
best chocolate in brugge?

I will be in Brugge for barely 24 hours. I arrive 17h00 july 14 and leave on 15 july 15h 31. a very short stopover.

can anyone tell what I should not miss in the way of chocolate, food and sights? this will be my only chance to get the best chocolate in the world.

thanks,

rj

London, UK
Level Contributor
547 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best chocolate in brugge?

There are dozens and dozens of chocolate shops everywhere. But most are outlets for factory made chocolate.

If you want to get Belgian chocolate made by a Brugge Family through the generations then go to Spegelaere. It is a pleasant walk from Markt square. It is on Ezelstr (No 92).

Search this forum for Paris to Brugge in October. It contains lots of info about things to do during a day trip to Brugge.

Afterwards you can always ask other questions to help you plan.

london
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best chocolate in brugge?

On the simon stevin square in the centre near the marker square you have THE CHOCOLATE LINE, this is a very nice chocolate store with almost every taste you can imagine and also very nice things made of chocolate. This is the chocolate place to be if you are searching for something special. Otherwise there are plenty of ordenairy chocolate shops

Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best chocolate in brugge?

bortiuk

How far is Spegelaere from the town center?

London, UK
Level Contributor
547 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best chocolate in brugge?

It is about 10 minutes walk from Markt square. I warn you that you may take longer because it passes a couple of interesting churches and you may stop.

Also, as you enter Egelstr you walk over a small canal bridge. Almost immediately on left hand side is a small side street running along the canal. It is worth taking a five minute detour as the canal is pretty and there are a few interesting buildings.

Also Egelstr. is a useful shopping street so this provides diversions to slow you down. It has local shops for Bruges residents including a small supermarket. My partner is a teacher and happily disappeared into a shop selling clothing fabric to make costumes for the kids.

London, UK
Level Contributor
547 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best chocolate in brugge?

oops meant to write Ezelstr.