We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Brugge

London
1 post
Save Topic
Easter in Brugge

We are intending to travel to Brugge at Easter weekend but we're concerned that all the shops and museums will be closed. Has anyone found this to be the case?

Aston Clinton...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Brugge

Hi

I am going then too. I checked with the museum authority and they said they all would be open Fri through to Monday. As for shops I can't say

Have a goo time !

Nigel

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Brugge

Last Easter there was some sort of large event in Ostend on Easter weekend. It was near the rail station and along the promenade. When I got there around 5pm, they were striking the food booths and small tents so I never found out what the event was. I did manage to get some nice seafood for dinner from one of the booths along the promenade as they were wrapping up.

Ostend is a short train ride from Bruges, you might want to find out if the event is on again this year, just as a backup to Bruges.

I had originally gone to Mechelen for the day and found almost nothing open. I'd say only 10% of the restaurants were open and none of the shops. I walked around a bit and then hopped the train for Ostend as I knew if nothing was open there, at least I could walk along the Prom.

Brugge
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Brugge

Shops are closed on Easter Sunday and monday (official holiday overhere) but some musea are open. Check out brugge.com for opening hours. Maybe some shops will be open on the cast (Ostend and Knokke), it is a 30min. drive by car.

4. Re: Easter in Brugge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 19, 2009