We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges info

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
89 reviews
Bruges info

Hi I am thinking of booking for February, flying from Manchester to Brussels is the train station located at the airport and are the trains frequent

Many thanks

16 replies to this topic
Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
250 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Bruges info

Yes there is a train station in the airport building and there are very regular trains to Brugge from Brussels airport, 4 trains every hour! The train takes 1,5 hour from the airport to Brugge: I wrote a blog on how to get from the airport to Brugge by train: https:/…

Hope this helps!

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,559 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Bruges info

There is one through train Brussels-Airport-Zaventem to/from Brugge every hour, at other times you have to make a simple change at one of the three central Bruxelles (Brussel in Dutch) stations.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Bruges info

Pay attention which "Brussels airport" you are booking your flight to.

The main "Brussels aiport" has indeed a train station and very frequent direct train connections to Bruges.

But if you take a Ryan Air flight from Manchester to "Brussels South - Charleroi" (which is actually 50 km away from Brussels), you will land in a regional airport that has no train station. From there, you will need to either take a bus shuttle to Bruges with the company "Flibco", or take a local bus to the city of Charleroi and take a train from the Charleroi-Sud station.

Edited: 11:13 am, November 08, 2018
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Bruges info

Thank you so much for your info we are booking flights wth Brussels Airlines so I presume that’s the correct airport

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
250 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: Bruges info

SN Brussels Airlines normally always flies to Brussels airport Zaventem, so you should be fine for the train.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Bruges info

Brilliant thank you so much 😊

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,690 posts
478 reviews
7. Re: Bruges info

There are plenty of trains, but the railway station in Bruges is a little way outside the centre. You can take a cab to your hotel, or you might be able to walk it pretty easily if you don't have a lot of bags. Another option is to take one of the very frequent buses form outside the station if that would be convenient to your accommodation.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
102 reviews
8. Re: Bruges info

Hi Anne. We’ve been loads, let me know where you are thinking of staying x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
89 reviews
9. Re: Bruges info

Small world Suzanne I will send you a message xxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
89 reviews
10. Re: Bruges info

Hi all I have found flights to the other airport are there regular transfers to Bruges

Reply to: Bruges info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted