We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
38 reviews
Accomodations

Hello again,

We (family of four) are visiting Bruges in late November. I am having a hard time finding accommodations in central Bruges. This doesn't look like a peak time so I am perplexed. Any particular sites you recommend to find a place? I was looking for family rooms but also tried 2 rooms with no luck. Dates Nov 22-25.

5 replies to this topic
Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
226 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Accomodations

There still deel to be many rooms available on booking.com , but Bruges is becoming increasingly popular with tourists and they start coming all year round, extending the high season. The Xmas markets start around that time, so many tourists start coming for the Xmas atmosphere. I am afraid you are just confronted with Bruges becoming a very popular tourist destination and an increasing numbers of tourists worldwide...

Assam, India
Level Contributor
558 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Accomodations

Check out on the TripAdvisor site. Please remember Bruges is a small city. Even a hotel located outside the historic city center may only be 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Burg Square or the Markt (Market Square)!! So, don't restrict your search to only the the historic center of Bruges.

We stayed recently at the Bryghia Hotel, located less than 10 minutes walk from the Burg Square in a heritage building going back to the times of the Hanseatic League! Rather nice.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
20,028 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Accomodations

Prices on booking.com are through the roof for Bruges on those dates.

Try the city of Gent instead where hotels are slightly cheaper. You can then do a day trip to Bruges by train.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,740 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Accomodations

We were very happy with our family room here last July:

http://www.hotelacademie.be/en/

Walking distance to everything, generous morning breakfast buffet, large family room for the four of us.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Accomodations

Thank you. I found a couple of places and have a hold on them. One is an apartment and the other is a fancy pants hotel :) BTW the Academie quad room is booked for my dates.

Reply to: Accomodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted