We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should i come ?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
should i come ?

we are coming for a long weekend and have to choose between leuven or namur what do the rest of you thing? we will stay only for a couple of nights help please thanks

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should i come ?

Both are worth visiting. Leuven has an impressive Flemish-style main square, an ancient univesity and the Artois brewery. Namur has the more attractive setting (a river between hills), the Rops art gallery and a medieval treasure (I forget the name) which gets a couple of stars in the Guide Michelin. In Namur you speak French. In Leuven, if you can't speak Dutch, speak English (or anything but French).

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should i come ?

I'd say it depends when exactly you have this long weekend: Namur is nice in the summer but it would be a bit bleak visiting the citadel in bad weather and I don't think the boat trips run in the winter anyway. So if it's before it starts to get warm, I would plump for Leuven. I think the nicest thing to do there - apart from sitting around in cafés, of course - is to wander around the begijnhof (béguinage). The Domus brewery is in the centre.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should i come ?

thank you we are hopefullly going mid june so both sound nice namur sounds like you need nice weather so we are going to leuvan and next year namur thank you for all your help

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should i come ?

Here is a website on Leuven and all the things you can visit.

citytripplanner.com/en/things-to-do-Leuven.

If you come to Belgium, why don't you visit Bruges (Brugge)? It is called, Venice of the north. Very beautiful town with a medieval center and a lot of culture!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should i come ?

I visited Leuven once and it sure is a pleasant town but in a (half) day you have seen it. I think there are more interesting places in Belgium to go (Bruges, Antwerp, Ghent)

yorkshire
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should i come ?

thank you for all your help i have been to brugge about four times already so i think ive been eniugh times thank you again rolf

7. Re: should i come ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 22, 2012