We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Antwerp - Pre-book?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Antwerp - Pre-book?

Hi all,

I need to get the train from Ghent to Antwerp on Sunday 25th August. Am I best to purchase my tickets in advance or pay at the train station? Was just wondering if there was a massive price difference.

Thank you :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Antwerp - Pre-book?

There is no price difference between booking in advance or paying on the day, so it is just as easy to pay on the day.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,482 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Antwerp - Pre-book?

You can't actually "book" anything anyway, as it's not possible to reserve seats on domestic trains in Belgium. You can purchase online if you wish, from www.belgianrail.be - but make sure to get the date right, as tickets are valid (for any train on the route in question, whichever departure you select at the time of purchase) only on the date on the ticket. A standard single from Ghent to Antwerp costs €9.20.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Antwerp - Pre-book?

Thanks very much both, much appreciated. Will just pay at the station when we get there.

Thanks again

4. Re: Train to Antwerp - Pre-book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 12, 2014