We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current tram info - into Gent?

Which Ghent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Current tram info - into Gent?

I have read in some older posts that to visit the historical part of Gent, you get the No. 1 tram into Gent from the train station - and get off at the Korenmarkt stop. However I have also read is some newer posts that you can no longer get off the tram at Korenmarkt.

Can anybody advise the latest situation please ? - for a tourist visiting Gent for just one day, arriving by train from Blankenberge.

Thanks

Barry

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Current tram info - into Gent?

What has happened is that the stops for tram no. 1 that serve the Korenmarkt have moved slightly.

The Northbound stop is at the top of Sint Niklaastraat, and the southboud stop is at the top of Veldstraat. See the map below

delijn.be/images/Perrons-Korenmarkt-febr2012…

If you haven't been to Gent for some time, you will find the stops at Sint Pieters station have moved. For tram no. 1 to the city centre, you need platform (Perron) no. 2

delijn.be/images/Perronindeling-Gent-Sint-Pi…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current tram info - into Gent?

EXCELLENT!! Thank you for that info - now , with the additional aid of Google Street view, I can see exactly what I have to do :)

Barry in Brisbane Australia

Belgium
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current tram info - into Gent?

Streetview is fun, sometimes. Keep in mind though that the pictures for Ghent are taken about 2 years ago (maybe 3). With all the frantic construction work going on both at the station and at the Korenmarkt, these places no longer look like anything you see in Streetview.

4. Re: Current tram info - into Gent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, April 08, 2013