We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary

Would like to spend 5 nights in Belgium - but not sure how to divide time -

Advice on following itinerary most appreciated

arr Antwerp from Amsterdam - spend 2 nites in Antwerp

Off to Bruges - 2 nites

leave early in the morning to go to Gent - spend a day then

arrive Brussels in evening and spend following 1/2 day visiting Brussels - leave Brussels on Ryan Air in the afternoon

Tossing between staying in Gent or Bruges - both forums put forth strong arguments.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

So why invite more arguments repeating those already given? You will just get the same "I prefer A", "I prefer B" answers, which are still not going to help you determine what is best for you! I presume you have looked into what is open on the days when you would be in either city, bearing in mind that most museums close on Mondays.

I also presume you know you have to get a VIA ticket to break your journey from Brugge to Brussels in Ghent. Or you may be buying separate tickets Brugge-Ghent and then Ghent-Brussels (same price as the VIA ticket).

When you say "leave Brussels on Ryan Air in the afternoon" - Ryanair doesn't fly from Brussels but from Charleroi, in Wallonia. So in fact, you'll be leaving Brussels (both the city and the Region) by coach or train, and will need to have factored in the time needed to get to CRL, which is 1 hr by shuttle coach from Gare du Midi. Just in case you didn't!

2. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, April 22, 2013