We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in Ghent

hong kong
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
hotel in Ghent

I am spending one night in Ghent and would like to stay in a

boutique style 4 or 5 star hotel. I like small 'authentic' hotels.

Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in Ghent

I'm not sure what you mean by "authentic", especially linked with "boutique style", which to me tends to mean trendy, and almost the opposite of authentic: maybe you just mean not a chain, and not corporate-feeling?

Hotel Verhaegen is certainly small, perhaps too small (greatsmallhotels.com/belgium/ghent/boutique-…), while Hotel Harmony is very boutiquey and designerish - but it gets good reviews, see tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188666-d578378… This one is also very trendy at least if you go for the hotel (still only 3*), rather than the guesthouse: http://www.monasterium.be/?taal=eng. And I have always liked the look of the Hotel de Flandre: booking.com/hotel/…hoteldeflandregent.en.html

You could also look around www.ambiancehotels.com/be/gent/ambiancehotel.

Edited: 10:43 am, March 01, 2011
hong kong
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in Ghent

Thanks for advice. Yes, maybe 'authentic' was the wrong word - I did mean

exactly what you thought!

3. Re: hotel in Ghent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 23, 2012