We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment or Flat Rental in Ghent over Christmas

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment or Flat Rental in Ghent over Christmas

My girlfriend and I and another couple are hoping to rent a flat in Ghent for a few days over christmas, does anyone have any advice on how to go about this? We would also consider Bruges or Antwerp but Ghent is number one on our lists.

Thanks very much for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Belgium
Level Contributor
779 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment or Flat Rental in Ghent over Christmas

The "Federation of Bed & Breakfast" publishes the (very extensive) list of this members in Gent here: www.bedandbreakfast-gent.be/taalUK/intro.html with click-through (attention: when you click a selection the details are displayed underneath the list, not in a new window: if you have a small screen, you will have to scroll down to see them).

I am pretty sure you will find something to your taste: studios, flats, appartments, rooms with private kitchen/kitchinette, at very reasonable prices and very well situated right in the center of town: no need for taxis or public transport: you step out of the frontdoor and you can start your sightseeing, saving time and money.

Gent is ideally situated: right in between Brugge and Antwerp so day trips (by train Brugge 1/2h, Antwerp +/- 45 min.) are very easily done.

Good luck and enjoy you stay in Gent.

Mentioned in this post
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium