We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour de France Bicycle Race

Cambridge, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Tour de France Bicycle Race

4 Americans will be in London on July 7 to follow the Tour de Francy Bicycle Race from London to Canterru, england and then (I thought it went to Ghent, Belgium). Do I have my information wrong and if so where does the race go following Canterbury?

I also need to know the most economical way to get from Canterbury to Ghent (or correct city) to watch the riders come in on that leg of the race.

I am about to Panic since Race Day is not far away!!

Please someone help with my questions

leuven
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour de France Bicycle Race

hello

I live in Belgium, and the city is Gent. You best take a look at www.letour.fr to find all the stages of the tour

Guess the cheapest way is to take the train and the boat from england.

good luck

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
70 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour de France Bicycle Race

Your information is correct. After Canterbury it goes from Dunkerque to G(h)ent. Arrival near the Citadelpark and within walking distance of Gent Sint Pieters railway station.

Cambridge, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour de France Bicycle Race

Thanks to You who answered muyquestions and gave me help with getting to Gent to follow the Tour de France Bike Race. I finally got all the connections made and we had a wonderful experience. One problem we did encounter was when we departed the ferry station in Calais we had a train to catch at 9:18 p.m. There were NO TAXIS, NO BUSES, no way at all to get to train. We finally found someone to ask inside the terminal to ask and were told we had to call a tasix. She provided the phone number but by the time the taxis arrived train had been missed and we had to be in Lille Europe to catch another train to Brussels by 10:32 p.m. We had to hire the taxis to drive us there and we barely made that train.

Heads up if you are traveling by ferry to make sure there will be transportation waiting at the ferry terminal when you arrrive.

Other than that we had a wonderful trip. Thanks for all your help.

4. Re: Tour de France Bicycle Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 05, 2009