We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

Kansas City MO...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I see most of the reviews for this company were written in 2012.

Does anyone have any reviews for trips taken in 2013"

16 replies to this topic
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I will offer my thoughts, having just returned from "Beyond Band of Brothers." My son and I took the trip end of June, 2014.

I think it was very well run. Nikki in Kentucky did a great job signing us up, and the headquarters in Budapest did w great job organizing the tour itself. There were no serious glitches. Hotels and restaurants were clean and prepared for a busload of Americans to descend upon them. I think one woman got a room with a bathtub, but she needed a regular shower because she had difficulty stepping over the edge of a tub. Aside from that, I was no aware of other issues.

The two guides, Marietta and Camille, can't say enough good things about them. Everybody on the tour loved them. If anybody at Procomm is reading this... give them a raise!

The hotels were clean, but not luxurious. Don't count on a robust internet connection until you reach Germany.

Restaurants were variable. You get two or three courses each meal. Rarely you get choices. Usually you just eat what they give you. Sometimes the food was excellent. I remember a mustard cream soup and a quiche that were great. Sometimes, not so much. The roadside rest stops are better than those in the US, but the food there still isn't so great. I would suggest that the sandwiches in Europe are great and I would have preferred a sandwich to what we got at the rest areas.

They brought us to lots of museums, beaches, battlefields and such. Sometimes we got local guides. We all loved Rudy, who shepherded us through Normandy like the professional that he is.

There were some long bus rides. Inevitable, I guess, when one is covering so much ground. Just remember to bring stuff to occupy your time.

They offer two Band of Brothers tours. One is 9 days and ends in Munich. The other is the same tour, except two more days in Munich to see the Eagle's Nest and Dachau. My son and I and 7 others did the 9 days. The rest of the group did 11, I believe.

As a military history buff, this trip was well worth it. It was also a great father-son experience. There were about 3 other father-teenage son pairs (no girls interested in military history... can't imagine why...).

Enjoy.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I recently returned from the Beyond Band of Brothers 11-day tour. Our tour was from October 5, 2014 to October 14, 2014. The company, Procom Tours is based in Budapest; however, they have an office in Lexington, Kentucky. While gathering information before making a decision, I was very pleased with the office staff. They gave me all the information I needed to make my decision, which included a list of the hotels, how money is collected, and even offered to put me in contact with past travelers. I sent my money through a US bank, and I found the time dates for refunds to be very acceptable if something were to come up. They stayed in contact with me throughout the year to make sure I had the right flight, current passport, and if I had any questions. They also gave me a welcome packet with overview of tour prior to leaving, who would be guiding us and where we would meet. A group email for all travelers was also sent out so we could get to know one another.

This was my first trip abroad and it exceeded my expectations. We saw all major battle areas and museums related to Band of Brothers and European Theater in WWII. Our tour guides Steve and Tom were amazing and had impressive knowledge of European history related to WWII (prior to and beyond as well). We also picked up local guides along the way and were given access to places others were not able to see (newly found bunker on Juno Beach). our group guides constantly checked to see how we liked rooms, food, etc. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with one free drink and at least one GOOD desert was included each day. I opted to go alone and paid for an additional single room supplement, which was reasonable. We saw six countries, and stayed in several hotels that were roomy, clean and quiet. The bus we traveled in was a large tour bus with TV's, they provided bottle water, and stopped enough for food and bathroom, but not too often, which was fine with me.

I highly recommend this particular tour as you see so many iconic places related to WWII European Theater that would take a lot of money and time to see on your own. Not having to worry about museum fees or lines was also nice. The tour guides were also constantly checking for traveling updates or issues that may hamper our tour to make sure our time was maximized. I thought we had plenty of time to see all the museums, monuments, cemetery's and beaches. Usually each stop started with a brief tour, then you were free to walk around at your own pace; however, you could also opt to go your own way as long as you made it back to bus by the time they left.

I plan on going on another tour with this company. I recommend contacting them and just start asking questions or concerns you have about the tour, and I am sure you will get the feedback you need to make the decision that is right for you. Good luck!

Murrieta...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I can't reply specifically to your question, but having gone on the BOB tour in 2008, I can tell you that the veteran who goes--along with the tour guide--makes all the difference in the world. I'm not even sure any vets are even traveling any more, because 6 years have passed and I know that it was tough on the veteran (who became a friend) that went on our tour (Fred Bahlau). The tour guides also make a difference.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

Reviews here from 2014: …yelp.be/biz/beyond-band-of-brothers-tour-le… - http://www.historytourreviews.com/

Davis, California
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

Hi. Yes, I went on a Beyond Band of Brothers Tour in October 2014. I cannot adequately tell you how impressed I was and how thoroughly enjoyed it all. Every detail was perfectly planned and prepared for, and all the choices - hotels, restaurants, sights - were perfect in quality and smoothness. In fact I just walked in the door from dinner with a history buff friend and spent time telling him how fabulous the trip was and prodding him to go for himself! I've done other tours, but this was by far the best, most well-run one yet. Because it focused on the saga of the 101st Airborne and the WWII operations which came down through D-Day and Operation Market Garden, The Battle of the Bulge, Dachau, Eagle's nest, SS Bunker tours, and a plethora of monuments, cemeteries, and actual battlefields, the group who went had so much in common from the get-go, and everyone got along well. I learned so much and was so moved by the experience that I still go around telling others they should seriously consider going too! I'm a widow and didn't know a soul when we all gathered in Paris, but there was a great cameraderie, and it wasn't awkward at all. Seriously - you should go! :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

We took our third BBOB trip this June and still believe that this company provides a quality tour with very good guides. Even the other guests on the tours were a friendly, knowledgeable, and non-complaining group. I learned a great deal from the guides, as well as personal stories from veterans on the trip.

Hotels are adequate, food is plentiful, and your day is packed with places to see and areas to explore.

Every BBOB guide has been top notch and able to handle varied groups of people with ease. The experience was very good and I plan on another trip in 2016.

Level Contributor
5 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I took my tour with Beyond the Band of Brothers tour company in June. It was a trip that I'll forget. Nandor and Mary, our guides, were outstanding. The whole experience was top-notch and well run. I would do another tour with this company without any hesitation.

Level Contributor
5 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I meant to say it was a tour that I'll never forget. In fact, it's just under a year since my tour and I've already booked another tour with Beyond Band of Brothers!!

Highlands Ranch...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I note this post was made some years ago but my wife and I just did the 11 Day "Beyond Band of Brothers" tour and were incredibly pleased. Exceeded expectations from beginning to end. We walked on all the beaches, Point du Hoc, Set Marie Elise then on to Bastogne and Munich where we visited Dauchau and the Eagles Nest at Berchtesgaden.

All the hotels and meals were terrific (as were the local beers!) and Robert, our guide was awesome. During the tour we had 3 local experts join us for portions of the tour.

Again, incredibly pleased and highly recommend not only this tour, but the staff of Beyond Band of Brothers. Very, very, very professional.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.

I recently went on a Battle of Britain tour with Procom, Beyond Band of Brothers. It was great and we followed the itinary exactly. I will go on another of their tours next summer.

The tour could not have been better and much of that was due to the tour manager Robert Heinrich. He was great!

Edited: 12:43 pm, June 21, 2017
Reply to: Beyond Band of Brothers Tour.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted