We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastogne - General Questions!

London
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Topic
Bastogne - General Questions!

Hi,

I am travelling to Belgium from the UK to do the Battle of the Bulge tour mid September. We are staying at the Great Western in bastogne which is just off the main square.

Can anyone answer a few general questions for me please?

1) Where is there good to eat near the square? Not too expensive, say 20-30 euros per head plus drinks?

2) Any bars that are recommended?

3) Is there parking at the hotel?

4) Location of the house where Renee (the nurse from Band of brothers) was when it was destroyed. I understand that there is a plaque on the wall.

5) Any other advices or local places within Bastogne to see. We will be heading to Bois Jacques etc, Foy....

Thanks

BM

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastogne - General Questions!

< Can anyone answer a few general questions for me please? >

Perhaps start here http://www.paysdebastogne.be/en/site-home/

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bastogne - General Questions!

3) Google Great Western hotel Bastogne, or contact the hotel!

4) Rue de Neufchâteau 21, see ww2museums.com/article/17864/Memorial-Ren%E9…

Edited: 6:07 pm, August 11, 2011
3. Re: Bastogne - General Questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 21, 2013