We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour de France 2012 in liege

Durham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Tour de France 2012 in liege

Hi folks, me and 2 friends are going to liege at the end of june to watch the tour de france. My question is, on the sunday, the 1st stage starts in liege and ends in seraing a town i believe is about 6mile away, was wondering if theres a good bus service or would going by taxi be a better option to go and watch the finish? Lastly, any idea on prices?

Thanks

Edited: 4:08 am, April 16, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour de France 2012 in liege

TEC buses run from Liège to Seraing, line 2 from Liège Guillemins station and line 9 from Opéra: www.infotec.be/index.aspx…

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour de France 2012 in liege

But on that day, probably the entire population of Liege (plus half of the rest of Belgium) wants to do so. I can imagine getting a taxi or bus would be difficult on that day.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour de France 2012 in liege

They usually put on extra public transport for the Tour de France, but don't have any details of where to find it, except from the link in the first post. Hope you enjoy it. I've booked a package with Sports Tours International

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour de France 2012 in liege

I am staying in Brussels (Grand Palace) and heading to Tour prologue on Saturday next . What station is best to get train from in Brussels and any other tips? Thannks in advance

Liege, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour de France 2012 in liege

There will be plenty of special trains with special rate for going in Liège (multiple stations)

Check this site

http://www.departdutour2012.be

6. Re: Tour de France 2012 in liege

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 29, 2013