We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train fare Brussels to Brugges

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Train fare Brussels to Brugges

Hello, can anyone help me with alittle info on train fares from Brussels to Brugges/Ghent . daytrip type things

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train fare Brussels to Brugges

Depends on whether you travel on weekdays or on weekends, from your age, etc.

Here we go:

Brussel - Brugge on a weekday, full fare return (26-59 yrs): 23.60 euro

Brussel - Brugge on weekends, weekend return (26-59 yrs): 12.60 euro

Brussel - Gent on a weekday, full fare return: 14.80 euro

Brussel - Gent on weekends, weekend return: 8.20 euro

In case you're 65+ there are special senior tickets at 4 euro roundtrip. Travel after 9.01 am. Price valid from point A to B, all over Belgium.

For 68 euro you can buy a rail pass which is valid for 10 single trips. For instance, Brussel-Brugge would then cost you 2 x 6.80 euro. Interesting formula if you intend to do 5 roundtrips.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train fare Brussels to Brugges

Thanks so much , this board is so helpful, im 37 traveling alone doing alittle sight seeing while im vistiting a friend in Amsterdam, do you think it would be better to wait to get a room or book it now i will be arriving on 03 DEC. till the 5th, ived read a few things about waiting till you get to the centrel square fro better deals on hotels (last minute type) have you or anyone ever heard of this

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train fare Brussels to Brugges

I guess early December is very low season, so you should be able to find accomodation thru the tourist office. In case you're talking about a hotel room in Amsterdam you might get more accurate replies on the Netherlands forum.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train fare Brussels to Brugges

ok thanks yeah i was talking about accomedations in Brussels

5. Re: Train fare Brussels to Brugges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 18, 2009