We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriage Proposal in Brussels

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Marriage Proposal in Brussels

My girlfriend and I are heading to Brussels for a weekend on her Birthday, I am thinking of asking her to marry me whilst we are there. We are staying at the Metropole Hotel, and I was thinking of taking her to Comme Chez Soi for dinner, does anyone know of a nice romantic restaurant or setting that I could take her to ask the question?? Any suggestions?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriage Proposal in Brussels

You normally have to book Comme Chez Soi months in advance, so "thinking of taking her" doesn't sound very promising! In any case, while the food may be excellent, the restaurant is not very romantic at all - some of the tables are in the kitchen!! If you want to spend money at that level you could try La Maison du Cygne in the Grand' Place, see http://www.lamaisonducygne.be/uk_events.php. Or perhaps Belga Queen, www.belgaqueen.be/visit.asp?Lang=1&City=1.

At a lower level of cost, the restaurant "Bleu de Toi" could be quite appropriate, as the name means "mad about you": http://www.bleudetoi.be/photo1.cfm?langue=EN

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
393 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriage Proposal in Brussels

Hi,

I agree on La Maison du Cynge , the setting would be lovely. Also at Tribeca on Avenue Louise (for a litte less cost then La Maison) they have a private room upstairs that is a bedroom/dining suite for 2. It might be worth looking in to. I feel like a broken record this week on La Truffe Noir (Rue de la Cambre in Ixelles) but it has an intimate setting and is also a Michelin one star restaurant as is La Maison du Cygne, I prefer the food and service at the Truffe.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriage Proposal in Brussels

I was discussing this with a friend and SHE suggested doing it, not during dinner, but over a glass of champagne in the hotel Astoria's Orient-Express-themed champagne bar. If you click on photo gallery in the menu on the left on here, sofitel.com/sofitel/… you can see a photo of it.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriage Proposal in Brussels

Thanks guys, lots of ideas, I much appreciate your help. I have asked a friend of mine here to look at your suggestions, so that SHE can help me decide on where to go.

East Worldham...
Level Contributor
374 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriage Proposal in Brussels

I've got one more suggestion for you. Go to Antwerp, not Brussels and stay at the Astrid Park Plaza free. All you have to do is book through diamondland and buy a ring there!! The hotel can organize a plane trip for you to propose whilst flying over Antwerp....

6. Re: Marriage Proposal in Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 20, 2009