We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
lonodn, uk
6 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Brussels

My husband and I are visiting Brussels next weekend 26-28th August. We will be arriving on the Eurostar and will be staying in the Hilton City Hotel.

We would appreciate any tips on what to do and where to eat while there .

Many thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,512 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Brussels

For what to do, I would suggest you look at "Brussels Attractions" in the list on the left, and for where to eat, in previous questions. The Hilton City Hotel is in Place Rogier and you can take the underground tram from Rogier to Bourse for restaurants in rue Orts/Dansaert (e.g. Bonsoir Clara), the St. Géry area to the left of that street and the Ste. Catherine area - former fish market, so there are lots of seafood restaurants - to the right of it, in both cases when you have the Bourse behind you. Bourse is also the (pre--metro station closest to the Grand' Place.

Incidentally, Eurostar trains terminate at the Gare du Midi, whereas Rogier is nearer the Gare du Nord; from Gare du Midi you can either take the underground tram or, and this is easier if you have luggage, metro line 2, direction Simonis. For Rogier this is direct, no need to change. When exiting at Rogier, whether you arrive by tram or by metro, follow signs to Place Rogier/rue du Progrès, you should come out in the middle of the square near the pyramid, the Sheraton is on one side of the square and the Hilton City (together with the Crowne Plaza, formerly the Palace Hotel) on the other.

2. Re: 3 days in Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 13, 2009