We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ordering train tickets online through the SNCB/NMBS app

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ordering train tickets online through the SNCB/NMBS app

Hi, I'd like to order and charge our train tickets ahead between Brussels and Bruges and Bruges and Amsterdam on my iPad app. It does ask me the date and time of the trip. Do you know if I can use that ticket for any of the train times that same day ,or just that one time slot?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ordering train tickets online through the SNCB/NMBS app

For Brussels to Brugge there is no way of reserving for a specific train, so whatever train you select, all you have is a ticket for that route on that date, so you can take any departure on that date. You can purchase online no more than 1 month before the date of travel and the price is the same (€14.10) as for purchase at the station.

For Brugge to Amsterdam it depends on whether you were thinking of taking IC + (from Brussels or Antwerp) Thalys, or all non-high-speed trains (IC+IC+IC). For non-high-speed trains, the situation is the same as for domestic trains, i.e. you can use your ticket on any trains on that route on the date of the ticket. For Thalys, on the other hand, you would have a specific seat in a specific carriage on a specific train (departure) so the flexibility would only apply to the train you take to get to the station where you would change onto Thalys. Where, incidentally, the default setting for SNCB/NMBS for Brugge-Amsterdam is via Brussels. If you wanted to change onto Thalys in Antwerp, you would have to book with nshispeed, or else buy separate tickets. For NON-Thalys (IC) trains, on the other hand, the normal route between Brugge and Amsterdam is in any case via Antwerp (and requires changing in Rotterdam as well).

2. Re: Ordering train tickets online through the SNCB/NMBS app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 27, 2015