We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip to Kortijk - Need Information

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Short trip to Kortijk - Need Information

Hello - I am landing in Brussels (BRU) at 11.10 am on Feb 28th and need to be in Kortrijk by 1.30pm. Can you advice on what would be the best way for me to get there - train or rental car? I plan to return back to Brussels the same evening to catch an early morning flight out of BRU.

If train is the best option, then please let me know the nearest train station to BRU from where I can take the train.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip to Kortijk - Need Information

To get there by train for 13:30, you would have to catch the 11:36 from the station below the airport, which gets to Kortrijk at 13:14 (after changing at Bruxelles-Midi and Gent St. Pieters). And even if the plane lands bang on time, I would expect it to take a little longer than 26 mins to walk from the gate to the end of the pier, through passport control, receive delivery of your luggage, walk it through Customs, exit "landside", get down to the station (follow signs from where you come out of Customs), and buy a ticket (although you can also do this online from www.belgianrail.be). However, if you do buy a ticket online - which costs the same as at the station, i.e. €19.20 one way - it won't be for a specific train (departure), so you could use it on a later train, e.g. dep. 11:51 arr. 13:42 (change at Gent St. Pieters), dep. 12:09 arr. 13:45 (change at Bruxelles-Midi), or dep. 12:14 arr. 14:12 (change at Antwerpen-Berchem).

I don't know how long it would take you to hire/pick up a car but viamichelin says it would take 1h16 to drive the 102 km from Zaventem to Kortrijk: so to make this appointment you would have to be on the road out of the airport by 12:14 at the very latest, and preferably 12:00 to allow time for parking etc..

Wouldn't it have been an idea to check these details before making/accepting the appointment at that time, or booking the flight?!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip to Kortijk - Need Information

Thanks for the response. My appt is at 2 pm in Kortrijk and I posted this question to get an idea whether if is doable or not. Based on your feedback, i should look into starting the meeting at 2.30 to be on the safer side.

3. Re: Short trip to Kortijk - Need Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 19, 2015