We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/location recommendation

NE England
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/location recommendation

Hi

As a first timer to Brussels I'm working my way through this forum but hope you can assist me in choosing a hotel!

Top priority is a hotel which is in a good location for the tourist sites and has plenty of bars/restuarants to choose from at night. I like a good standard of hotel and a pool is preferable (not essential) . We are travelling by Eurostar so would like something handy. Price up to about 200 euros a night

Any advice would be gratefully received

x

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Pillows Grand Hotel Place Rouppe
Pillows Grand Hotel Place Rouppe
#1 of 197 hotels in Brussels
FunKey Hotel
FunKey Hotel
#3 of 197 hotels in Brussels
MAS Residence
MAS Residence
#2 of 197 hotels in Brussels
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/location recommendation

There are hardly any hotels in Brussels with pools, especially in the city centre. I think the closest one would be the Sheraton at Place Rogier, otherwise you'd need to consider the Renaissance in the Place Luxembourg area, Steigenberger at Place Stéphanie, or New Hotel Charlemagne near Schuman.

Eurostar arrives at Gare du Midi but your ticket covers you on any local train to Gare centrale, which is only 5 mins walk from the Grand' Place, and therefore a convenient area for sightseeing. I've listed hotels in that area in dozens of previous questions, now I just suggest you google - hotels near Gare centrale Brussels - and you will get something like booking.com and can pick what suits you in terms of price (which for many hotels is lower at weekends than during the week) and standard. If there isn't enough information there, you can always check out reviews and ratings of individual hotels on tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g188644-Brussels-Hote…

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
New Hotel Charlemagne
New Hotel Charlemagne
379 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
2. Re: Hotel/location recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 24, 2014