We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eurostar-grand palace, and vice versa

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
eurostar-grand palace, and vice versa

Hi, i know this question has probably been brought up a few times, but i jus dont seem to get it. so here we go again.

1) arriving from london to brussels midi (eurastar), which is the best way to go to the grand palace?

2) a day trip and we have another eurostar train to catch in the evening, is it the same way to go back to the train station?

The reason why no.2 was asked, cos i understand that the train tickets (eurostar from uk)include a free ticket to somewhere near grand palace. what about going back to the brussel midi station?

and what signs do i look out for to know which train goes where, are they very clear cut in the brussel midi station?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: eurostar-grand palace, and vice versa

<shld i get the one brussel or brussel zuid or any belgian station?>

Brussel-Zuid or Bruxelles-Midi: they are the names in Dutch and French respectively of "Brussels Midi" station where the Eurostar arrives.

Brussels is a bilingual city (French and Dutch) where street names, public places, etc. usually have two different names, one in each language.

"Any Belgian Station" ticket is for people who want to travel on from Brussels to another town in Belgium. It costs more than the ticket to Brussels alone. You do not need it if you are travelling only to Brussels.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: eurostar-grand palace, and vice versa

Ok,thanks so much qaminari. its my first visit to europe, and am worry that i will feel super lost! i just hope that it will be clear cut when im there. tata

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: eurostar-grand palace, and vice versa

thanks colin and all those who replied it is much clearer now.

14. Re: eurostar-grand palace, and vice versa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 01, 2014