We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Itinerary Help Required

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel Itinerary Help Required

Hi All,

I am planning for a one day trip to Brussels with my family on Saturday by train.

We are currently located in The Hague, Netherlands. Could you please help me with the destination station in Brussels and places which we can cover on a single day.

Thanks in advance.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,831 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Itinerary Help Required

Unfortunately there are no direct IC trains from the Hague to Brussels on a Saturday, as there are (every 2 hrs, 29 mins past odd-numbered hrs, e.g. 07:29, 09:29 etc.) Monday to Friday.

On a Saturday it will take you 3h19 by IC trains + bus, with 4 changes, e.g. dep. 09:04, arr. (Bruxelles-Central) 12:23; therefore if you want to do a day trip on a Saturday, I would say this is really only feasible taking the high-speed Thalys from Rotterdam. In this case, you can travel from Den Haag to Brussels in under 2 hrs, e.g. dep. 08:28 arr. (Bruxelles-Midi) 10:08 - where you can change for Bruxelles-Central and arrive there at 10:20.

You can then return by Thalys at (from Bruxelles-MIDI) 18:52, arr. 20:28 or 20:52 arr. 22:28. And you can take any train from Bruxelles-Central to catch Thalys at Midi. So you can spend roughly 10:30 till 18:00 in Brussels.

Gare centrale is about 5 mins walk from the Grand' Place and therefore convenient for sights in that area, e.g. cathedral, Galeries St. Hubert, Mannekin Pis. You will have to decide for yourselves what you want to see from e.g. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g188644-i205-Bruss…

For train timetable and prices see www.b-europe.com/Travel entering Den Haag Hs (Nl) as departure station and Bruxelles-Central as arrival station - Thalys prices are cheaper if you can purchase up to 3 months in advance, whether online or from your local station. Your ticket will include a reservation on specific Thalys departures between Rotterdam and Bruxelles-Midi but cover any connecting train from Den Haag to Rotterdam and Bruxelles-Midi to Bruxelles-Central - and vice versa, in both cases.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Itinerary Help Required

Noted all the points.

Thank you very much for the detailed information you have provided.

3. Re: Travel Itinerary Help Required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 26, 2014