We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels in September

Fresno
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Brussels in September

My wife and I are traveling from Paris to Brussels via train in September. We need suggestions for a hotel in the 90-190 EUR range near the Bruxelles-Central station. It must have TWO beds. A place to do our laundry would be nice, and they should be able to hold our luggage if we get there before check-in. We plan to walk to the Musical Instrument Museum while waiting for check-in, and plan to see the Horta Museum right after we check in and need tips for transportation to the museum. ANY help with our itenerary would be appreciated!

--- Thursday, September 26

8:30AM Check out of Hotel

9:58AM Leave Paris Nord on Thalys

11:23AM Arrive at Bruxelles-Central

12:00PM Musical Instruments Museum

2:00PM Check in to Hotel

2:30PM to 5:00PM Horta Museum

--- Friday, September 27

Musical Instruments Museum

Grand Place

St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral

Galeries Saint-Hubert

Dansaert area Boutiques

--- Saturday, September 28

6:30AM Check out

6:54AM Train to Airport

7:19AM Arrive at Airport

9:05AM Plane departs for London

Edited: 6:18 am, July 27, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels in September

1) I don't know hotel vacancies or prices for your dates (which may be lower on the Friday night than on the Thursday), but all of them must offer rooms with twin beds, have laundry service and keep your luggage if you arrive a few hours before it is possible to check in.

Hotels near Gare centrale include the Méridien, Novotel "Off Grand' Place", Ibis ditto, Best Western Premium Carrefour de l'Europe, Le Dixseptième, Royal Windsor, Aris Grand' Place, Madeleine, Moon, Scandic Grand' Place, Arenberg, Sandton Brussels Centre, Centrale... You can arrange the list on tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g188644-Brussels-Hote… in price order to research these or others in the area or, possibly, on the other side of the Grand' Place near Bourse.

2) Regarding your timetable, dep. Paris 09:58 arr. Bruxelles-CENTRAL 11:23: no, you will arrive at Bruxelles-MIDI (South Station) at 11:23. Although Thalys terminates there, your ticket is valid to continue on the same day on any train from there to Bruxelles-Central, and there are departures at e.g. 11:30 from platform 12 (Brussels Airport), 11:31 from platform 4 (Liège), 11:32 to Antwerp, and so on; these take about 3 mins to Gare centrale, so you will in fact arrive there around 11:35 or later.

3) I don't know why you assume that you can't check into your hotel before 14:00, but if this is the case, I certainly wouldn't go back there between the MIM and the Horta museum, as Place Royale is a better point of departure than Gare centrale for the tram (92, from outside the Musée d'Art Ancien) to the Horta Museum. In any case, it seems you don't yet know where you are staying, maybe it will be on the far side of the Grand' Place, near Bourse, rather than near Gare centrale! Either way, if you can't check in formally as soon as you arrive at the hotel, I would do it AFTER the Horta Museum rather than before (unless, perhaps, you were staying at the NH Hotel du Grand Sablon, which is on the same 92 tram route as Place Royale).

4) On Friday, I presume MIM is a mistake as you will have already been on Thursday.

5) While this timing might be possible if staying at the Méridien, which is just across from the main entrance to the station, if you need to catch the 06:54 train to the airport (and you do: it arrives at 07:10 which almost gives you the 2 hours recommended by BRU for check-in: don't forget that the UK is outside Schengen so you have to go through passport control, and that it can take 45 mins just to walk from check-in to the furthest departure gates) you may need to check out of the hotel earlier than 06:30, e.g. the night before - or at least ask the hotel to prepare your bill the night before. If you will already have the train ticket, you still need 10 mins or so to find the right platform; if you won't already have your train ticket (e.g. purchased the night before - specifying date of travel), you need to take buying time into account.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels in September

If you look up Booking.Com you should be able to get one that suits your needs I booked the Sheraton for Aug at less than your budget.

3. Re: Brussels in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 31, 2014