We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels for 3 days?

W. Hartford...
5 posts
Save Topic
Brussels for 3 days?

I will be in Brussels for 3 days with my younger brother (I am 24 and he is 21). Any tips as to what is a must while we are in Brussels? Also would like some info on the nightlife there, and would prefer to be around people the same age. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

W. Hartford...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

Oh yeah, forgot to add the dates, we will be there from July 16th -- July 19th, and staying in a hotel right on the Grand Place, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
393 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

Hi,

The Grand Place is a good place to start for sightseeing and to grab a beer. If you go to Ralphs on Place Luxemborg especially Friday after work hours, you will find a lot of younger expatriates (who are working internships at the Eu) having drinks there. There is also a good sports bar on the same square call Fat Boys.

For Thursday, Friday or Saturday late night, there is a Night Club called the Parc Savoy that is near the University (all cabs will know it, it is on the Rue Bois de la Cambre) so it usually attracts a pretty young crowd. There is no cover charge and the dress is usual Disco type clothes.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
393 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

Sorry I just realized you will be there Sunday - Wednesday. The night clubs will be closed but you should still go over to Place Luxemborg to find the younger crowds in the evening.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

You should find this sort of crowd in the St. Géry district (e.g. Mappa Mundi) - with the Bourse at your back, cross the Bd. Anspach and take the little street that begins at O'Reilly's pub - and also, although obviously quieter midweek, in the St. Jacques district which is also the gay area, see www.trabel.com/brussel/brussels-nightlife.htm

You might also enjoy Delirium in Impasse de la Fidelité, off the rue des Bouchers (lower end, furthest away from the Galeries St. Hubert) which has 2000 beers on the menu - not all Belgian, of course.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

Head over to the beautiful city of Gent (30 min by train) and witness the Gentse Feesten, a 10 day open air festival covering the whole city center wih lots of parties, gigs, a puppetfestival, buskingfestival,....

West Trenton, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

Hello!

I noticed you will be in Brussels the same time as my husband and I...I'm 27 and also looking for some fun places to go where there will be younger crowds...have you found any places to check out?

Also - we haven't booked our hotel yet...have you booked one?

W. Hartford...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

We booked the Hotel Aris, as it is close to the Grand Place and relatively lower priced compared to the other hotels in the area while looking comparable in quality. The advice above seems to check out pretty well, and other than that we are just going to play it by ear, as I have found works well in most european cities Ive been to.

8. Re: Brussels for 3 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 16, 2009