We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get from Brussels to Cologne (train/bus)?

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to get from Brussels to Cologne (train/bus)?

Dear friends,

My friends and me are going to Cologne via Brussels. Which train/bus company will you advise and if it's possible to buy tickets right at the train/bus station??

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to get from Brussels to Cologne (train/bus)?

Bus is always cheapest, and with advance purchase: www.eurolines.be

You MAY be able to buy tickets at the Eurolines office (ground level, next to the local bus station below Gare du Nord) on the day of travel, but of course it depends on whether there are seats left for the departure you want.

For train prices see www.b-europe.com/Travel or http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en - avoiding departures involving high-speed trains (ICE and Thalys) which require booking up to 3 months in advance for best prices. Using non-high-speed IC trains, prices are invariable i.e. the same whether purchased in advance or on the date of travel, except that for purchase at a station, you would pay a €3.50 administrative fee which you don't pay for online purchases.

2. Re: Cheapest way to get from Brussels to Cologne (train/bus)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014