We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling within Brussels

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling within Brussels

Hi. I will be arriving at Brussels MIDI from Paris, and I will be staying at Brussels Novotel Centre. I have got a few questions:

1. Is it possible to carry luggages on trams?

2. What mode of transport would you advice? ( from Brussels MIDI to Brussels Novotel Centre.

3. What would be the best mode of transport to travel within Brussels.

Thank you.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling within Brussels

1. yes, it is, although if the tram is full and your bag is big, you may want to wait for the next tram

2. I would indeed advice the tram to De Brouckere, which is meters away from your hotel

3. It depends on where you want to go. Brussels city center is not that big and very walkable, so I guess that'd be the preferred mode unless so have some kind of physical problem. Otherwise there is a big network of trams, metros and buses integrated under the same ticket (STIB), 2 euros for a single ticket. This can be useful if you want to go for example to the atomium or jubilee park.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling within Brussels

Thank you soo much!

Also, I will be there next week for 3 days 2 nights. Do you have any recommendations on where I should go to?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling within Brussels

2. Just to note that "tram" in this context means UNDERGROUND tram ("pre-metro), which you will find at Gare du Midi by following M signs to the metro, which will bring you to an escalator going down to the ticket office. From that level, you need to follow the "tram" pictogram and signs for lines 3 and 4 (also 33..), rather than those to metro lines 2 and 6.

For the Novotel Brussels Centre Tour Noire, after getting off at De Brouckère, go up the escalator to the ticket office level, then look for exit 1, which will be on your right when facing metro barriers. At the top of the exit 1 escalator, turn right into rue de l'Evèque. There's a map on your hotel's website: novotel.com/gb/…location.shtml

4. Re: Traveling within Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 08, 2014