We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussel trip

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Brussel trip

hi ,

I;m going to Brussel from Paris . i will be in Brussel for 4 days ,is there any recommendation for cheapest mode of transport from Paris to Brussel . Where is the place whereby i must see when i'm in brussel and which area shld i book my hotel for good location.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussel trip

The cheapest would be by coach, either Eurolines (www.eurolines.fr) or ID-bus, which is run by French Railways (www.idbus.com). It takes about 4 1/2 hrs.

By train your only option is the high-speed Thalys (1h22), which is expensive but you can get reasonable prices if you can book 3 months in advance. Check for your dates on www.thalys.com or http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

I would recommend that you stay near the Grand' Place, which is 5 mins walk from Gare centrale. Note that Thalys arrives at Gare du Midi but ticket includes free transfer to Gare centrale; Eurolines arrives at Gare du Nord, making it possibly more convenient to stay around Rogier/Bd. A. Max/De Brouckère; IDbus arrives at Gare du Midi, which is on a direct metro line to Gare du Nord, and the most convenient area to stay in then would be around Anneessens/Bourse/De Brouckère.

Possible hotels near Gare centrale include the Novotel "Off Grand' Place", Ibis ditto, Best Western Premium Carrefour de l'Europe. Hotels around Bourse on the othe side of the Grand' Place from Gare centrale include the Marriott, Orts, Matignon, St. Nicolas, Opéra, and possibly Atlas. If you look under "Brussels hotels" on the left of this page, you can arrange the list by ratings or price.

Edited: 4:42 pm, January 06, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussel trip

Thanks ... So do u think 3 days in Brussels is sufficient to cover the all the Plcs of attraction ? Is there any recommendation for nice and value for $$ resturant ?

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussel trip

Thanks ... So do u think 3 days in Brussels is sufficient to cover the all the Plcs of attraction ? Is there any recommendation for nice and value for $$ resturant ? Wads the weather like for 1-12 of April ? Will I be able to catch the magnificent view of blooming tuplip ?

4. Re: Brussel trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 08, 2014