We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What tip for a Greeter?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chico, California
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
What tip for a Greeter?

We plan to meet a Greeter from Global Greeters. What is a respectable tip for the Greeter? Thank you.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,853 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What tip for a Greeter?

None: all the Greeter organisations I know of have a strict no-tipping policy (as mentioned on the Brussels Greeters site: brusselsgreeters.be/informations-pour-les-vi… under "the program of the meeting"): the people who do this are volunteers, not service-providers.

But I'm sure they would appreciate it if you stop for a drink or something and pay for theirs. Or, make a donation to the organisation by PayPal, see brusselsgreeters.be/dons-ou-sponsors.php

Chico, California
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What tip for a Greeter?

Thank you, I will make a donation.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
1 post
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What tip for a Greeter?

We loved our Brussels Greeter experience. Armand, our guide was SO SO knowledgeable and brought us to little places along the way to stop and share stories and have a drink; our treat for his kindness and time. I'd look us this "greeter service" again as a better way to see the road less traveled in the time you have there.

4. Re: What tip for a Greeter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 08, 2014