We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find

Netherlands
Level Contributor
56 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find

Most of the time I eat my Brussel's Wafel close to the Grote Markt.

Where can you find the best restaurant to eat them?

Also I'm looking for a good bakkery around Brussel North or the centre.

Please advise

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find

By far the best place to eat waffles in Brussels is the upstairs café at Dandoy opposite the Amigo Hotel, one block from the Grand' Place. So if this is where you have had them near the Grand' Place, you have already found the best.

As for good bakeries, there is a branch of Paul in rue des Fripiers near the junction with rue du Marché aux Herbes (Grasmarkt) and another virtually next to the Bd. Anspach exit from De Brouckère metro station. There is also a branch of Panos inside the Metro Shop in the basement of the Monnaie Center, just through the glass doors from the De Brouckère metro station ticket office. Or if you mean further towards the Bourse, there's a Boulangerie Wetterenoise in the street leading from Bourse to rue des Fripiers, on the "Bourse" side of the rue du Marché aux Herbes. And you will find a Pain Quotidien (Het Dagelijks Brood) at no. 16 Rue A. Dansaert (continuation of rue A. Orts, right across from the Bourse building), see http://www.lepainquotidien.com/

If by "Brussel North" you mean the station, the only bakery I can think of in that area is another branch of Panos, which is in the Gare du Nord shopping concourse near the metro station entrance. The station building backs onto rue de Brabant, which is a Turkish-Moroccan area and not the best place to find bakeries. If you mean more of a café/sandwich place, however, there are a few in rue du Progrès (between the station and Place Rogier) that cater to the office workers from nearby ministries, and the Illy Café on Place Rogier, on the corner of the block housing the Sheraton Hotel.

Edited: 9:53 am, December 14, 2012
Netherlands
Level Contributor
56 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find

Many thanks ,great information

I used my wafels at a desert ? restaurant next to a sandwich corner at the opposite of the ING bank.

In front there a square with a little market.

I'll go to Dandoy this time.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find

Sorry Qaminari, but as a Belgium I would not class Panos and Le Pain Quotidien as bakeries. The only thing they do is warming pre-fried stuff in their ovens.

In the Rue De Brabant near the Nord Stations are a few excellent Marrocan shops that sell lovely bread and North-African pastry... Yummie....

Edited: 12:50 pm, December 14, 2012
Netherlands
Level Contributor
56 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find

Once more Thank You,

I'm familiar with panos and indeed I'm searching for a real bakkery.

Ialso did take a look at the restaurant bakery option off tripadvisor.

I;m searching for the best one

5. Re: Where to find

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 18, 2013