We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

I have already booked a stay at Marivaux , Brussel from 28 - 30 Dec.

a.) I’m thinking of visiting the following places during my 2 days stay:

- Grand Place

- Rue Neuve

- Manneken Pis

- Atomium

- Cathédrale Saint-Michel

- Churche Notre Dame

- Sablon

- Stock Exchange

- Basilique Koekelberg

- Comics Museum

Any suggestions on any specific places/events that i should go to? Suggestions on things to get and food to have is welcome too.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

I would add the musical instrument museum, just down the hill from Place Royale. Even if you think you aren't interested in musical instruments (they give you headphones which tune into music played by each instrument as you pass its display case), it's a wonderful building and the roof-top café has the best view in Brussels.

You could add it to your visit to the Sablon, Place Royale is within walking distance or 1 tram stop from the stop near the Petit Sablon (opposite side from the church Notre Dame du Sablon, if travelling in the direction of Place Royale).

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
14 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

maybe a brewery visit like Cantillon?

http://www.cantillon.be/

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

Thanks to the both of you for offering the options. Sounds good :).

Geel, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

I would like to add to your list some other important sights:

- The Palace de Justice/Justitiepaleis (altough it's being restored nowadays) and a walk through the Marollen quarter (including the market on Place du jeu de balle/Vossenplein).

- The royal palace and the Warande parc.

- The museum of fine arts as well the Magritte museum.

- A walk through the European quarter and surroundings, more specifically the European Parliament, Place Schuman/Schumanplein and the Jubel parc.

- The Hortamuseum and the other art nouveau wonders of the Belgian architect Victor Horta in Elsene/Ixelles, which are protected as UNESCO world heritage.

- The Dansaert quarter, with charming squares as Place Sainte-Cathérine/Sint-Katelijneplein.

5. Re: Suggestions for Belgium- Brussel (28-30 Dec)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, December 17, 2013