We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liss, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

Hi my flight booking says I'm flying into Brussels National. Does anyone know what airport that might be? I'm flying with British Midland and visited their websit and none the wiser.

Also, have heard there is a bus that can take you from the airport to Central Station. Have looked on the Belgian airport website and not having much luck with finding it. All I can find is a bus route No 12 that goes to Luxemborg station. Can anyone shed some light please? Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks very much

Bianca

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

Brussels National is our main airport. On the lowest level you can catch a train (Airport Express) to Brussels Central station. It runs very frequently and it's only a 20/25 min. ride.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

www.brusselsairport.be/to_from_airport/

The bus is run by STIB, the Brussels city transport company, it's no. 12 on weekdays (terminating at the Luxembourg station) and 11 on weekends (terminating at Schuman). Neither goes to the Central Station: if that is where you need to get to, you can either take the train from the airport or get off the bus at Schuman and change to the metro. If you do that, you don't have to pay again, it is included in your €3 STIB bus ticket - although you must stamp this again in the orange machine by the metro ticket office.

Liss, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

Thank you both very much for your help.

Bianca

Liss, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

Sorry one more question, is Brussels National airport, Zaventem Airport?

Thanks

Bianca

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Shuttle Bus options from Brussels National

Yes Bianca, it's one and the same.