We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfer and sight seeing

canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
airport transfer and sight seeing

My husband and I will be in Brussels at the end of January for 2 days. We will be staying at the Le Meredian which is apparently next to the train station. Approximately how long does it take to get from the airport to city centre by train? Is it an easy trip with a lot of luggage or would it be easier just to take a cab?

Considering we will only be in Brussels for 2 days, what sights are a "must see"?

Many thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfer and sight seeing

The Méridien is right opposite the main exit from Gare centrale, which is the stop after Gare du Nord on the airport train into Brussels. It takes about 20 mins to get there (which can be faster than a taxi) and costs €7.60 per person. If you have more luggage than you can easily carry, and lift onto the train, a taxi would cost about €45.

You probably won't want to miss the Grand' Place which is only 5 mins walk from your hotel, apart from that it's entirely up to you to decide what you want to see. If you don't want to buy a guide book or read up on Brussels on the internet, why not look under "Things to Do" under "More on Brussels" on the left-hand side of this page?

canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfer and sight seeing

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfer and sight seeing

Le Méridien I stayed at a few years ago and is a great hotel across the road from the central train station.

It depends on what you class as a lot of luggage.

If you can cope with it between you then catch the train from the airport as I did.

As for "must sees" I do not believe in them anywhere and we all like different things.

The Grand Place is beautiful and you will come across it anyway when you are walking around.

The rest of it is up to you but whatever you choose I am sure that you will have a great time!:-)

4. Re: airport transfer and sight seeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 25, 2013