We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
24 reviews
how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

How much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi Airport to Grand Place? What is the best way to get a taxi? Is it to simply go to the taxi rank outside or book something ahead of the trip?

65 replies to this topic
Telford, United...
4 posts
11. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

DO NOT use charleroi express or transfers2airports. they are scammers. They left me and my daughter (who had an operation) stranded even after I confirmed by text and phone call. I prepaid to have everything in order and they took my money and run. Managed back at home after many tries to contact them and they were abusive and Anti-English. Please be warned!!

Edited: 4:29 am, July 01, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,175 posts
3 reviews
12. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

To update Brussels City Shuttle information: this now has its own website, http://www.brussels-city-shuttle.com/#/ and cost has gone up to €17 if not purchased online in advance, when it can cost from €5 to €14 depending on how far in advance you book. You can purchase tickets from the driver on departure from Brussels but not at CRL where there are machines and a ticket desk - cost is €17 from both, that is, €14 plus €3 "handling fee", which is in fact a "not purchasing online in advance" fee. This fare applies irrespective of age - so if travelling with children it will be a lot cheaper on public transport.

Current cost of TEC bus A from CRL to Charleroi-Sud station is €5 and with current "summer deal" train ticket for €7.50 to anywhere in Belgium, if travelling on a weekday you can get from CRL, via Charleroi-Sud, to any Belgian station for maximum €12.50.

At weekends and after this offer finishes at the end of August 2013 (until we have Christmas shopping tickets and then summer ticket next year), the best deal for anyone travelling beyond Brussels is now likely to be a combo ticket covering TEC bus and train, for maximum €20.10 (e.g. to Brugge); €14.20 to Brussels. These can be purchased from the machine outside exit 2 at CRL, next to the bus stop for TEC bus A, as can tickets for the bus alone (e.g. for persons benefiting from cheaper-than-standard train fares e.g. Go-Pass for those under 26 or Senior tickets for those over 65, both costing €6, and of course free child "fares" for up to 4 children under 12, accompanied by an adult).

Birmingham, United...
1 post
2 reviews
13. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

Does anyone know what time the shuttle transfer runs till? We will not be arriving into Charleroi until approx. 11pm on a Friday and we don't want to end up paying extortionate money for taxis..

World-wide Traveller
Level Contributor
12 posts
147 reviews
14. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

Transfers2airport and charleroi express are the same company. I am sorry for th reader above who seems to have had a bad experience with them, but mine was very good: I booked a transfer from north of Brussels to the airport through shared shuttle, and they came to my home with a private car: they advised that their shuttle was full, but as they had guaranteed to me the ride, they gave me private transfer at the price of shared ride (EURO 29).

Lisbon, Portugal
1 post
15. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

I only have one experience in Brussels. airport-taxis.be, 5 people, we paid 85 EUR.

Lovely, lovely service. Thank you so much.

World-wide Traveller
Level Contributor
12 posts
147 reviews
16. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

It seems that they have stopped their shared shuttle service, now it is a personal taxi service, for about EURO 80 (leaving from a Brussels Northern suburbs - maybe they just do the shuttle from the city center). It was for my good 80 years old Mum, home to airport and one week later airport to home. She was most pleased: punctual, well organized, good service. I recommend it.

Timisoara, Romania
1 post
1 review
17. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

Though the shuttle is probably the cheapest option if you travel alone (http://www.brussels-city-shuttle.com/), when you have a very early outbound flight it's not always a good option, especially if you live far from Brussels Midi and are not comfortable with walking long distances at 4 or 5 AM to reach the station.

I read a lot of mixed / bad reviews about various taxi companies on this forum, so I was a bit worried about which one to choose. In the end I booked airport-taxis.be and everything went perfect - the car was on time, the English-speaking driver was really nice, the communication went really well with booking / confirming. I paid 75 euros from my Brussels address to Charleroi.

Edited: 3:53 pm, February 06, 2015
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
621 reviews
18. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

Save yourself the trouble and stress and use http://airport-taxis.be/en/ . Charleroi Airport to Leuven €85.

My daughter and I and my partner need regular taxis from Charleroi Airport to Leuven Hospital. In January 2015 when we found that the airport Shuttle form Charleroi to Leuven had stopped running. My partner discovered that the alternative - bus/train/bus/taxi to Leuven too tiring and time consuming taking 3 hours total with waiting times. On investigation we discovered http://airport-taxis.be/en/ and can not praise or recommend this company too highly, A 5 stars+ service.

We found this company to be super reliable, helpful friendly and offering a brilliant service at a good price. Bookings can be done on line and via email with follow up text messages to keep in touch- very reassuring.

We had a lot of luggage and a wheelchair to transport so travelled in a luxury people carrier, and when my partner travelled alone it was in an E class Mercedes. The vehicles are immaculate and very comfortable.

The driver is exceptional getting us through rush hour traffic in Brussels making good time for our flight whilst ensuring our comfort.

We will be using this service again in a weeks time, the booking so we can kick back and relax knowing how reliable this service is. NO worries, no stress just a smiling face and a helping hand to get you to your destination feeling relaxed and happy. Grateful thanks to http://airport-taxis.be/en/.

Edited: 6:47 am, March 04, 2015
Europe
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
19. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

Or fly into BRU airport, with regular direct trains to Leuven... (Face it, 170€ in taxi costs is more than what you'd probably pay extra flying into BRU.)

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
621 reviews
20. Re: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport

The flight to Brussels (BRU) was £333 whereas the flight to Charleroi was £19.99 making taxi at €85 TOTAL not each, much cheaper than the flight to BRU followed by public transport hassles.

Edited: 8:28 am, March 04, 2015
Reply to: how much is a taxi transfer from Charleroi airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted