We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent-a-car on Sunday?

Zagreb, Croatia
8 posts
Save Topic
Rent-a-car on Sunday?

are there any rent-a-car companies in Brussels where you can rent a car on Sunday morning for a reasonable money?

We need a car for one day and all we were able to find were major companies whose prices go from around 100€ and up.

I've tried my best to search it but no luck. :(

Thing is, we tried to avoid renting a car, but we're going to the music festival in the country where there are no means of transportation back from it after it's over 'til morning. And, as all nearby hostels are booked, renting a car seems like our only option.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

What music festival and where?

Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

probably weekend rates are better if you don't have to pay too much for parking

Zagreb, Croatia
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

Groezrock festival in Meerhout.

We're going only for one day (Sunday, April 29th).

We're arriving to Charleroi Airport late on Saturday evening so we have a very narrow window to pick-up a car from a rental service.

So, we're basically looking for a rent-a-car company that's working on Sunday or is flexible on the pick-up date. And that it's not a total rip-off.

Only company I was able to find that has normal prices is Dockx but, of course, they're closed on Sunday.

Edited: 7:49 am, February 01, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

I could really use some help on this one. I would really hate spending €100 on a car rental for one day.

I was hoping that any of you Brussels guy is willing to go an extra mile to help me here?

I don't even have to tell you how much I would appreciate it.

There must be some (small) private rent-a-car company that is flexible and can offer a car pick-up on Sunday.

Dockx is a great example of what we're looking for. They have cars from €40 and up. But, as previously mentioned, they don't work on Sunday. :/

I squeezed the soul out of Google. I even tried searching it in french!

Thank you.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

You can rent a car on a Sunday from the airport and return it on monday morning in Brussels Midi Train station!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

Firstly, OP wanted this from Charleroi Airport, not Brussels Airport as specified in the search made here.

Secondly, he wasn't saying there weren't any car hire companies open at CRL on Sunday but that they were charging €100/day which he considered to be an unreasonable price. Prices on site for which link is given, for collection on Sun 3 June and return on Mon 4 June, are 158.75 USD for 2-person car, 165.02 USD for more than that, which is €132, somewhat more than the €40+ OP considered reasonable. To which it would be necessary to add the cost of staying overnight somewhere on Sun, plus new flight tickets for the Mon!

Thirdly, he specifically wanted to return the car on the Sunday, not wait till Monday morning, being only here for the day, that is Sun 29 April - having no doubt booked a flight from CRL for the Sunday evening (after arriving late on Sat evening).

And fourthly, this was for a music festival that is already over, exactly one month ago: therefore even if this information could have been relevant, e.g. for pick-up and return at Gare du Midi on Sun, it no longer is!!

Hopefully info will be useful for someone else arriving on a Sunday but at BRU.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

Do you recommend renting from Brussels National? And where do I go actually (on-line) to rent a car? We'll be driving from Brussels to Bastogne for a couple of days and I think these sights are only available by car.

8. Re: Rent-a-car on Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 15, 2013
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor