We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

hamilton
Level Contributor
288 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

I will be travelling with Ryanair to Charleroi Airport. Do Ryanair run a transfer service or is it a local bus service? Is there one main drop off point once in Brussels Centre?

First time travelled without hubby but going with mum who has never been out of Scotland so I need all the help I can get!!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

The private bus service that works under contract to Ryanair will drop you at the Gare du Midi. Provided that you don't have much luggage, the best way to get from there to the Marriott is by any of the trams that leave from the rue couverte outside the station, direction Gare du Nord. The stop you need is called Bourse (stock exchange).

If you do have a lot of luggage - which it is hard to lift up into a tram and there isn't anywhere to put it when you do - there is really no alternative to a taxi. These are signposted at the station.

Perthshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

Hello

I am also flying to Chaleroi from Prestwick and am struggling to find how to travel into the city

Did you manage to get the shuttle bus?

thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

I don't understand quite why are you struggling - the information is available on Ryanair's own website as well as that of Charleroi airport, and both are easy enough to find by googling.

In addition to the so-called "Ryanair" bus to Brussels' Gare du Midi (not actually run by Ryanair but timed to meet Ryanair flights), you can catch a local bus, A or 68, to Charleroi-Sud railway station and then a train to Brussels (also to Gare du Midi). As train travel is cheaper for those under 26 or over 60, there is a price advantage for these groups, otherwise I don't think there is anything in it, at least if you are going to Brussels rather than continuing elsewhere.

charleroi-airport.com/BSCA/…

(and see menu on the left for information on shuttle bus beween Charleroi Airport and Brussels)

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

eor7,

We stayed at the Marriott Hotel in September. It is an excellent location. We used the tram to get to the hotel. If you have any luggage, don't use the tram! There are A LOT of stairs. I would use a taxi or pre-book transportation. The Viator web site has transportation that you can pre-book. BTW the hotel doesn't offer any pick up, I checked. Enjoy your vacation.

Empynester

5. Re: Travel from Charleroi Airport to Marriott Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 21, 2009