We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brussels to charleroi airport

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
doylestown pa
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
brussels to charleroi airport

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how difficult it really is to grab a cheap flight from Charleroi airport? How much time do I really need to allow?

I found some great prices, but I am a bit concerned with the time it will take to grab a train and then a bus to the airport. It seems to take quite some time from Brussels by public transportation.

Tnank you.

Maasmechelen...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brussels to charleroi airport

That's not difficult. I assume you are departing from Brussels, since you post this in the Brussels forum.

Just take a train from Brussels Central to Gare Charleroi Sud (= Charleroi South Station). On weekdays, there are direct trains about every 30 minutes (xxh04 and xxh36), on weekends every hour (xxh24). They will take you to charleroi in about 50 minutes. In Charleroi South Station take the shuttle bus - line A - towards the airport (runs every half hour). The bus ride is about 10 minutes.

doylestown pa
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: brussels to charleroi airport

Thanks for the information on the trains to the airport. So it really only takes about an hour and a half give or take if connections are made? Is one hour generally enough time to arrive before leaving on ryan air for domestic flights?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,884 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brussels to charleroi airport

Ryanair doesn't operate any DOMESTIC flights within Belgium (and neither does anyone else)! But yes, getting there an hour before the flight is quite enough.

You are right to be concerned about timing and this means you must pay very careful attention to times of flights - early in the morning and late at night can be problematic, especially if anything goes wrong. Anyway, you can either get metro/tram/bus to the station in Brussels and then take a train to Charleroi station and then a bus to the airport, or you can go to the Gare du Midi and get a bus direct to Charleroi airport:

flyingvisits.ie/Brussels/Brussels-transfers.…

Belgium
Level Contributor
159 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brussels to charleroi airport

There is also a Coach service between Brussels Midi (rail station) and Brussels South (Charleroi) airport. Find details on the site of Charleroi airport: charleroi-airport.com/BSCA/…

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brussels to charleroi airport

The time limit for checking in on Ryanair flights in Charleroi is 40 minutes. Ryanair is very strict on this!