We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Brussels

Could anyone advise if i can get a train from Brussels to Bergamo the from Bergamo to Rome, how do i do it and any idea of the cost, is any sort of rail pass best for this trip.

Thanks ddracer

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels

You'd better (and cheaper) FLY Brussels-Bergamo! Ryanair has a webfare of only 0.05 euro (that is 5 eurocents, unbelievable!) on certain dates. Of course you'll have to add taxes and the shuttle to get from Brussels to Brussels-South (Charleroi) from where Ryanair operates.

By train? It must be possible but I'm afraid you'll be underway forever.

You can also get from Bergamo to Rome on Ryanair. Or by train, the train fares in Italy are much cheaper than in the rest of Europe.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels

Bergamo is one hour by train from Milan, which is a big rail hub. I know the overnight train to Milan from Brussels was cancelled at the end of 2003, don't know about day trains but it's only 1 1/2 hours to Paris by Thalys and from there you can get the Artesia train (day or night) to Milan, and from Milan you can also get to Rome. I don't know how the fare Brussels-[Paris]-Milan-Bergamo-Milan-Rome would compare with Europass or whatever is available in Australia but you can probably google it. The German railway website is great for train timetables for all European countries.