We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
255 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

I am looking for a great hotel experience

for our first time in Brussels. Prefer

an historic Hotel close to Grand Place

or Ave Louise.

Also how far is Grand Place from the

Eurostar station?

Thanks

Re the Hotel - this is a special treat

so expect to pay

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

i think the amigo would fit the bill.

Great hotel in a great location.

The grote markt is about maybe a mile from the zuid station. not easily walkable with Luggage get a cab for around 15 euros

Boston
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

I agree with the Amigo right at the Grand Place. We were there last week. We walked from the train station and it was about 20 minutes - if you like to walk, don't spend $$ on a taxi!! Spend it on the food.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
393 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

I agree with the others about the Amigo for the Grand Place area. At Avenue Louise the best hotel is the Conrad. If this is a special trip, spring for the taxi. The area around Gare du Midi (the Eurostar Station) is not the nicest part of town.

Belgium
Level Contributor
159 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

Yes the Amigo mentionned by other readers is centainly good. The Conrad is of course excellent,..... budget permitting! In the area of the av Louise there is also the Hilton and if you look at lower price level the NH Hoteles Chaussée de Charleroi approx at not even 100 meters from the av Louise.

Near the Grand Place there is also Le Meridien and the Novotel, but also the NH Atlanta. A more historic old hotel is the Métropole , place de Brouckere.

Bruxelles Midi where the Eurostar arrives, is not really far away by car, but still wud suggest to take a taxi, as with luggage and on foot you could be surprised. The more if you have the Conrad, it is walking up quite a bit.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

If you were to stay at the Metropole you could take an underground tram/pre-metro (numerous lines) directly from the Gare du Midi to De Brouckère, where the hotel is, it's only a few stops by tram but would be a good 20-30 minute walk and not a nice one at that. However, a) trams are difficult if travelling with luggage and b) while I love the Metropole for its public rooms (and café), and the location can't be beat, a friend who stayed there recently told me its bedrooms are not up to the same standard as the historic reception area so it might not live up to your "great hotel experience" requirement. The Amigo is reputed to be the best hotel in Brussels, you might also consider the Royal Windsor. Near Avenue Louise the one I would be curious to try from its looks is the Manos Premier, but the Conrad certainly looks and feels luxurious.

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation please close to Grand Place or Ave...

Have a look at www.ledixseptieme.be

I stayed there for a weekend in November and it was lovely. It was quiet, cosy and really comfortable. It is just a couple of minutes walk from the Grand Place so the location is perfect. They also do special rates for weekends.

Enjoy Brussels!