We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels airport bus route

Zagreb
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels airport bus route

Hi,

I'm staying at the Windsor hotel in Brussels, near Blvd Anspach and Grand place.

I'm aware of the airport bus line, but i wonder on which stop would be the best to get off?

Thank you!

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels airport bus route

< I'm staying at the Windsor hotel in Brussels, near Blvd Anspach and Grand place. I'm aware of the airport bus line, but i wonder on which stop would be the best to get off? >

Simplest is probably to get off the bus at Schuman metro station and then take the metro to De Brouckère station. The airport bus itself does not go right into the centre. Your ticket for the airport bus is valid for the transfer to the metro.

You could then take underground tram 3 or 4 to Annessens - 2 stops along Boulevard Anspach (see plan below). This is very close to Place Rouppe where Hotel Windsor is.

I am assuming you mean this hotel http://www.hotel-windsor.com/ and not this one

http://www.royalwindsorbrussels.com/ !

http://www.stib.be/airport-line.html?l=en

stib.be/irj/…20110314_Plan_M_CHRONO.pdf

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels airport bus route

For Anneessens metro station it would be more direct, i.e. one change instead of 2 (and avoiding the quite long walk between the metro and tram parts of De Brouckère) to either

1. take the airport train to Gare du Nord or Gare du Midi and change onto the pre-metro (underground tram, lines 3, 4, 33) at either of those; or

2. change from the airport bus (12/21) to the 95 bus, which - I think since only this week - stops at Anneessens, see www.stib.be/horaires-dienstregeling2.html…

The stop to change at would depend on whether you were on the 12 (which terminates at Pl. du Luxembourg, where you would need to cross the square to the stop outside the station for the 95) or the 21 (when the best place to change would be Trône), 2 stops further on from Luxembourg.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
79 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels airport bus route

If it is rush hour - take the train, to Midi and from their the Tram to Annessens.

I don't think I'd take the Bus unless you really have a desire to see the side streets and do the bag drag thing.

Zagreb
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels airport bus route

Thank you!

I think i'll take the train. So, it's Gare Midi, not Centrale?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels airport bus route

< I think i'll take the train. So, it's Gare Midi, not Centrale? >

When I posted my first reply to your question, I thought you might be aware of both the bus and the train - and had chosen the bus because it is cheaper !

Train from Airport to Brussels costs EUR 5.20. Get off at Gare du Midi.

At Gare du Midi, take underground trams 3 (Esplanade) or 4 (Gare du Nord) for 2 stops to Anneessens. Single tram ticket costs EUR 1.80.

At Midi, the entrance to the metro station where the tram leaves from is behind the shops, cafés, etc. which line one side of the station concourse. Look for a big white M on a blue background.

stib.be/irj/…20110314_Plan_M_CHRONO.pdf

Airport bus 12 + metro / tram / bus to complete your journey costs EUR 3 if you buy the ticket from the machine at the Airport.

6. Re: Brussels airport bus route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 22, 2012