We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Melissa bel !

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Message for Melissa bel !

Hi Melissa

you gave me some really good advise about the Radisson and I was wondering if you could help me again with the Sheraton Hotel and Towers? What do you think of it? I am travelling over again in December.

Thank you very much

Ladywanderer

Hautrage, Belgium
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for Melissa bel !

Hi Lady,

My pleasure... Glad to hear you enjoyed Brussels so much you decided to come back!

Maybe on time for the Christmas Market?

Well, the Sheraton changed quite a bit for the past few years. It's been refurbished, it has a really cool lobby bar and a swimming pool at the top of the building. It's 20 or 30 stories high, quite big for Brussels' standards. From the hall leading to the pool, you have a beautiful view over Brussels.

The quality is standard Sheraton, no bad surprises there. Maybe the neighbourhood is not as central as the Radisson. It's on the northern edge of inner Brussels, in the area we call "Manhattan" because of all these tall offices buildings. You'd still be 10-15 walks from the Grand'Place. On another hand, it's not far from Gare du Nord and feets away from a big Metro station (Rogier) where the underground tram and Metro Line 2 intersects and also Brussels' main shopping artery : Rue Neuve.

Let me know if you need more informations!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Melissa bel !

Hi Melissa

Thanks again for your help. Would you have any other suggestions for a Hotel for me? Any personal favourites?

Yes, I am coming over for the Christmas markets and as a birthday present to myself!!

I'm really looking forward to it!

Hautrage, Belgium
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for Melissa bel !

Well...

As you may have seen, Hotel Welcome, a small boutique hotel is a faourite here on TA.

To be honest, I've never been there myself but all those rave reviews must be up to something.

Th Amigo, if you have the budget, is awesome. You can't get any closer to the Grand'Place than it (well, almost in fact). It's one of the top hotels in Brussels. It' been bought by the Italian Rocco Forte and it's just so classy, in a modern way.

The Conrad... AKA the Hotel where American presidents stay. It's on Avenue Louise so, not so close to the city center but it's all dark woods, heavy draperies in a very luxurious neighbourhood.

The Plaza on Boulevard A. Max... never seen the rooms but the lobby is awesome! It's got a turn of the century feel, very stately. It's supposed to be quite good.

The Metropole... the legendary hotel. With the most beautiful hotel lobby in town (old copper elevator included). Service is fine but the rooms need to be refreshed... at least last time I checked it.

Those are quite expensive hotel though *lol*

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for Melissa bel !

Fantastic choice there Melissa !Thank you very much for your advice