We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

I'm travelling to Belgium in December and I need help in finding restaurants in those two cities: Brussels and Brugge.

I would prefer places where the locals go instead of very touristy places…

Any advice?

Norway
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

Olà Filoxera :)

You can check out this thread from the Brugge forums:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188671-i448-k2871…

And here is a link where you can search for restaurants in Belgium:

www.resto.be

You should try to avoid the restaurants at the market square in Brugge because they are very touristy and not always the best.

Hautrage, Belgium
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

Depends what kind of food you like and the budget you have, Fil. *lol*

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

Just came back from Brussels 10/12. Had a nice meal at Lola's in the Sablon District. Locals were eating there. Has a somewhat healthy menu. Suggest you make reservations if its the weekend. I ate at the bar. Ludee

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

well, Melissa, her it goes:

I usually don’t lunch during my trips, I prefer eating something quickly and keep walking, and for that I guess no advice is needed.

So, I am looking for advice about places to dinner, comfortably seated and let’s say that I would like to dinner in a nice restaurant for the maximum 40 € average for person.

My husband is doing is birthday in Brussels, that day we can spent a little more, if the place and the food really deserves is.

Aah, I almost forgot, we don’t like the so called »nouvelle cousine», we like to eat good simple food not fashion food with one chip, half a slice of tomatoe and a tinny little square of undefined meat or fish.

Thanks!!

5. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:01 pm, October 22, 2005
leicester,England
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

hello everyone my boyfriend is taking me to Brugge in november for my birthday and this is our first time we have been to Brugge so we are looking for somewhere to eat on the night time and want to know if anybody knows anywhere we can go and we want it to be quite resonable prices and include foods such as meat (lamb,fish,chicken) please email at leicester_female@hotmail.com

if u have a resturant suggestions thanks donna.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

We've been to Raphael restaurant off the Grand Place a couple of times and really like it. This is their website address and it has the menus on it so you can see if the food and the prices suit you. http://www.raphael.be/beta/FR/index.html

Wokingham
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

In Brugge right now.

Nice place for an evening meal is

De Verbeelding on Oude Berg.

Small, relaxed, well priced nice food.

Try the Jumbalya, they also do Tapas from E5,00 upwards.

The beer is good too, they have a nice selection of wine.

Klein, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Brussels and in Brugge

Does anyone else have experience with Raphael's in Brussels? The menu looked good, but I'm hoping for more independent testimony (No offense intended whatsoever, Marie; your recommendation is what prompted me to book a table.) I'm just looking for any additional info since we'll only be there one night and would like a nice dining experience.