We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian eating

London, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian eating

I will be visiting Brussels & various other towns in Belgium in a few weeks. Does anyone have any tips on places that serve decent vegetarian food - pizza/pasta places will be a bonus as I will have a 10 yr old (meat eater) with me. Also is it true that all the Belgische friets are cooked in animal fats? Thanks

Brussels
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian eating

There is one specific pizza place i know in Brussels.

It is called 'les alexiens'. They serve pizza, pastas, and they have also vegetarian meals.

It is on the 'Rue Haute', i forgot the streetnumber. but it is on a corner of a street.

It is just next to the bowling 'crosly'.

In the center there are a few other vegetarian places, but i don't know the exact adresses.

here you have a site of vegetarian restaurants in belgium and bxl:

…vegatopia.com/be/brussel/brussel/

Brussels
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian eating

One of our top vegetarian restaurants is the following:

DOLMA

Tél. : 02.649.89.81

Chaussée d'Ixelles 329

1050 BRUXELLES (IXELLES)

not directly in the center, but near Flagey.

They offer an open buffet, which can be quite interesting.

The internet sites does not to seem in English, such as following one: www.resto.be

"French fries" baken in animal fat (beef)? Yes, indeed, these are the best tasting ones ... unfortunately... but so good!

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian eating

Have a look at the Happy Cow's Vegetarian Guide to Belgian vegetarian restaurants,

www.happycow.net/europe/belgium/index.html.

Brussels has six listed. It will be difficult in some restaurants to find anything non-meat as I discovered.