We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Which Area of Brussels (city) Should I Stay?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Ramon, CA
10 posts
Save Topic
In Which Area of Brussels (city) Should I Stay?

We are in Brussels for 2 days and want to know which area of the city is a good, central place to stay where we can see all the attractions. We were planning on visiting: Grand Palace, Sabon, Mannekin Pis, St. Michael's and St. Gudula cathedrals, Cantillion Brewery and some chocolatiers. Can we go by foot to all these places or do we have to use public transportation?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In Which Area of Brussels (city) Should I Stay?

If you stay in one of the hotels around Central Station you can do most of these places on foot.

Btw, it is the Grand Place and Sablon; the others you will not find on a map.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Which Area of Brussels (city) Should I Stay?

I agree. The area around Gare Central/Sablon is probably best for everything you mention. Anything further out is easily accessible by public transport - train/tram/bus.

Check out recent TA topics on the subject of central accommodation.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
54 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Which Area of Brussels (city) Should I Stay?

I recommend a taxi to and from Cantillon. There is nothing to see on the walk there and it isn't the best area. If you do walk, try not to get lost.

4. Re: In Which Area of Brussels (city) Should I Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 08, 2009