We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags

Boston
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags

Does anyone know if the Central Station still has luggage lockers, given current security concerns? My wallet and passport were stolen, so I have to be at the American Embassy early in the AM before leaving the country later in the day. So I have to have my suitcase and computer with me - but they are not allowed on embassy grounds. And I am not staying in Brussels / do not have a Brussels hotel, so it is not an option to leave them at "my hotel." Suggestions would be gratefully appreciated! Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Central Station
Central Station
6,879 Reviews
Antwerp, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
4 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags

No problem leaving them in the lockers there. If they are full, several other stations in Brussels have lockers as well.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags

" given current security concerns"

What CURRENT security concerns? I haven't heard of any increased threat level in Brussels lately, or for that matter in Belgium in general: it has been at level 2 all year (down from 3, out of 4 levels), and lockers have never been taken out of use at any of the stations that have them - even if Gare centrale itself was difficult to access back in March 2016.

That station is probably the most convenient location to the American Embassy to leave your bags, although if you are taking a train to the airport, you could also consider Gare du Nord, Gare du Midi (direct access from Arts-Loi by metro lines 2/6) or Gare du Luxembourg. There's another - private - possibility near Arts-Loi/ Madou (looks like a restaurant on rue du Congrès) on here https://www.nannybag.com/fr/consigne-bagage - but it costs €6 per item!

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Save Reply
3. Re: lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags

Yes, there are lockers at Brussels Central station!

belgianrail.be/en/…bruxelles-central.aspx

Mentioned in this post
Brussels Central Station
Brussels Central Station
235 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Europe
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags

In defence of the OP, lockers at (for example) Gare du Nord in Paris have been sometimes out of use for longer periods for "security reasons".

Mentioned in this post
Gare du Nord
Gare du Nord
2,180 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Reply to: lockers at Brussels Central Station -place to store bags
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;