We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

hey, i will be traveling from Amsterdamto Brussels for 3 days ( DEC03-05,), im looking for a price the site i find doesnt give any, also should i by oneway tickets or returns ???,,

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

This is what I get on the Dutch Railways' website (www.ns.nl):

66.80 euro pp for a return ticket (Ams-Bru on Dec 3 ; Bru-Ams on Dec 5) on the intercity train. Two single tickets will cost exactly the same. Intercity trains leave Ams 14 mins. past each hour ; leave Brussels 38 mins. past each hour.

66.00 euro pp for a return ticket on the Thalys high speed train (which, in fact is only 8 minutes faster than the intercity). RESERVATION COMPULSORY! Thalys trains run less frequent than intercity trains. Thalys trains have their final stop at Brussel Zuid (Bruxelles Midi) which means you will have to change to a commuter train to get you to Brussel Centraal.

Hope this helps.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

Thank you so much , 25 days and counting

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

thanks again so its best to take the intercity

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

Yes, I would take the intercity. Trains are very frequent and if - for one or the other reason - you miss the one you wanted to take, you just hop on the next one with your same ticket (which is not the case with Thalys).

When you buy your tickets at the counter in the Amsterdam station (you can do this last minute, just before you board the train), do tell the clerk your departure & return date to make sure you return with a valid ticket.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

Thanks for all the help , i post some photos/ reviews when i get back

6. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, August 17, 2009