We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip in Belgium. need advice

Vilnius, Lithuania
4 posts
Save Topic
trip in Belgium. need advice

Hello

I am going to Belgium in 2 weeks. I will be spending about 4-5 days in belgium. I will be staying in antwerp. and I want to visit brugge' ghent and antwerp and some other places. it is my first time in Belgium so i dont know whats best for transportation . whats the best and cheapest way to travel between these cities. bus or train? I found a rail pass (10 rides) for 76 euros . whats your suggestion

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip in Belgium. need advice

Train. However, if the only trips you want to make are Antwerp-Brugge-Antwerp (maximum €29.60) and Antwerp-Brugge-Ghent (maximum €18.80), total €48.40 for 4 trips, you should just buy individual tickets rather than spending €76 on the 10-trip Rail Pass! Even adding Antwerp-Brussels-Antwerp (€14.60) would only bring the total up to €63.

This assuming that you are 26 or older, as under 26 you can buy Go-Pass 1 tickets for €6 per trip; and also that these trips would be on weekdays, as "weekend tickets" (for RETURN trips) are cheaper than the prices given. For prices you can use sefora.b-rail.be/sefora/Sefora/berekenen.do…

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
19 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip in Belgium. need advice

If you stay in Antwerp and want to visit Gent / Brugge (& Brussels ?), the train is the ideal means of transportation. The Rail Pass will be exactly what you need (unless you're younger than 26 = buy a Go Pass). Gent and Brugge are on the same railway line but I suggest you take 1 day to visit each of them : seeing/visiting the 2 cities in 1 day will be too much (unless you're Japanese ...). Enjoy Antwerp and its local beer (De Koninck - ask for a Bolleke).

Vilnius, Lithuania
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip in Belgium. need advice

I forgot to say I am older than 26. so no discount for me :(

4. Re: trip in Belgium. need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 28, 2015