We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond rings

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Diamond rings

Hi all,

I currently reside in England and i am looking to make a trip to Antwerp to buy a diamond ring for my partner. I have been told i could get cheaper rings there than here.

I am looking for advice on shops to buy from and what are the closest hotels to the shops. I will be there for a weekend really so i don't want to waste time traveling. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I know about the 4 C's and i know i will be looking for a GIA or HRD certificate when i buy the ring.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond rings

I am looking to buy a 1.00 -1.2 carat ring VS1-VS2 , color F-H , any idea how much would i be looking to spend on average ?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond rings

This is not travel information, it's DIAMOND information! Like asking for a market survey of paint or car or other product prices in London...

ajediam.com/Diamonds_Prices_Diamonds_Ratings…

antwerpdiamondrings.com/round-diamond-prices…

wikitravel.org/en/How_to_buy_a_diamond_ring_…

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond rings

Thanks!

Antwerp is most famous for it;s Diamond district and many people go there for that, so i thought i could get feedback about shops there from people here. Just like when you travel to a place you ask where are the good restaurants or night outs.

The links provided are very helpful thank you very much.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
30 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diamond rings

Next to the Central Station of Antwerp are a lot of gold and jewelry shops, but I sometimes doubt about their seriousness and honesty.

On the main avenue going from the Central Station to the city centre (on your left side coming from the station) is an excellent and 100% reliable jewelry shop, named Slaets. It's established there since decades and has an excellent reputation.

However I cannot help you with a price comparison to England.

There is one hotel between the station and this shop: De Keyser Hotel (****)

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diamond rings

Thanks harmonie.

I have booked my stay at ibis in the Centraal station. That should be close to the shops there.

Thank you all for your help.

6. Re: Diamond rings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, February 18, 2014
Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diamond rings

Hi amzoxford,

We are interested in buying a diamond ring from Antwerp in the next days and reading your query here, I was wondering if you could now share your recent experience / give any tip?

many thanks!

8. Re: Diamond rings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 21, 2015