We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10-ride pass in Antwerp

Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
10-ride pass in Antwerp

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to purchase a 10-ride pass for public transportation in Antwerp?

As I understand it is much cheaper to buy a ticket in Kiosks or vending machine instead of directly on the bus/tram

Also I would like to mention that we are 3 people, so please also advise if we can transfer this ticket between us meaning that in one ride we will validate the ticket 3 times out of 10.

Thanks

Danny

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

Yes, all fares, whether individual tickets, multi-trip cards or passes are cheaper purchased in advance rather than on the bus or tram, and some - like the one you want - are only sold by De Lijn offices and machines anyway, and can't be purchased from the driver.

Yes you can buy a multi-trip "Lijnkaart", see delijn.be/en/…index.htm which you can use between you, validating it 3 times for 3 trips.

The card costs €9 and as most trips within Antwerp will be no more than 1 or 2 zones, it will cover 10 such trips - if you will be using these heavily, it would be worth buying at least 2 at once so that you don't run out of "credit".

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

A 'lijnkaart' costs now 10 euros. This gives you 10 rides on tram or bus within 1-2 zones (all trips within Antwerp are 1 zone) and can be shared by as many people as you want. Just make sure to validate the card for every one of you when you get on the tram. It also allows you to change onto another tram or bus (or a return) within the hour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

You can also buy passes giving unlimited travel for 1,3 and 5 days for €5, €10 and €15 respectively. These can be used on all De Lijn buses and trams (not just in Antwerp) although not on trains. Whether it is worth you purchasing these depends on how long you are in Antwerp, and how much use you intend making of public transport.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
21 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

Sorry for making my question in this forum, but I have a doubt: De Lijn operates transport in Bruges, Gent and Antwerp, right? but the same Lijnkaart can be used in this three cities? Or I have to buy one card for each city? I will make short visits to these cities and maybe one Lijnkaart would be enough for me if it can be used in any of them.

Thanks for anyone who can answer me :)

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

You can use the lijnkaart in all 3 ciies, on bus and tram. It costs now 10€ for 10 rides. If you buy the card from a machine (like there are in the metro stations in Antwerp) you can choose the amount yourself (minimum is 10€) once you know how many rides you will more or less need within those 3 cities.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
21 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

Thank you very much, Delectatio!

7. Re: 10-ride pass in Antwerp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2015