We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hrs in Antwerp

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
8 hrs in Antwerp

Any suggestion 4 or 5 sights to see and visit

Thanks Pop

Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hrs in Antwerp

Dear Poppop,

I am also going to be spending not enough hours in Antwerp and looking around on the internet I have shortlisted the following as must-sees:

Diamond Museum

Middelheim Museum

MOMU (Mode Museum

Grote Markt and Cathedral of Our Lady

't Kantwinkeltje at Handschoenmarkt 12

If I had enough time Ruien (Canals)

I hope you have a lovely visit.I look forward to reading any trip reports you may care to write on Trip Advisor.

UF

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hrs in Antwerp

thank so much

Temse, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hrs in Antwerp

I think you must see Meir (shopping street with many historic building), than to the Grote Markt and the Cathedral. And maybe 't Eilandje (it is in the northern part of Antwerp). You can see many lovely things over there. Napoleon Bonaparte build there 2 docks for ships.

There is a good website of Eilandje. You can visit it over here http://www.antwerpseilandje.be

Maybe you can find some inspiration for your short stay :)

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
440 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 hrs in Antwerp

Alternative shops: Kammenstraat

Designer wear: Nationalestraat

Walk by the Schelde

Wander through 't Zuid with its antique shops, many bars and restaurants and museums MoMu and KMSKA.

Go to Zurenborg (Bertem) to look at the beautiful mansions and have a burger at... Darn I forgot the name, but you can't miss it:)

Will you be there in Summer? Because then there's Summer of Antwerp: a summer-long festival with lots of outdoor activities.

Antwerp, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 hrs in Antwerp

8 things u must see in Antwerpen (within 8 hours)

1.Centraal Station

2. Meir (Shopping avenue)

3.Groenmarket + Rubens statue

4.Cathedral

5.Grootmarket (City Hall + Barbo statue & Turism office)

6. The side walk of the river Schelde + Castle

7.Rubens House

8.MAS (Museum)

Note: The Middleheim Museum is awesome and definetly worth the visit,but its outside of the center of the city and it´s a huge open air museum that takes at least 3 or 4 hours to look at.Since u just have 8 hours i recomend u the MAS insted.

6. Re: 8 hrs in Antwerp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 20, 2014